Event: World Stamp Show-NY 2016
When: May 28-June 4, 2016
Saturday, May 28 10:30am to 6:00pm
Sunday, May 29 10:00am to 6:00pm
Monday, May 30 10:00am to 6:00pm
Tuesday, May 31 10:00am to 6:00pm
Wednesday, June 1 10:00am to 6:00pm
Thursda, June 2 10:00am to 6:00pm
Friday, June 3 10:00am to 6:00pm
Saturday, June 4 10:00am to 3:00pm
Where: Jacob Javits Convention Center, 655 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001 on Level 3 taking up 294,000 square feet.
Who: Well over 200,000 beginner through advanced stamp collectors, their families and friends are expected to attend this once-a-decade event.
Admission: Free throughout all 8 days of the show.
What will be there?
* Over 200 stamp dealers selling and buying stamps, covers, collections, post cards and a wide assortment of ephemera and philatelic items and supplies.
* 50+ postal bureaus, including the United States Postal Service and United Nations Postal Administration selling their latest issues.
* The world’s greatest stamp rarities on display along with 4,000 exhibit frames of competitive exhibits vying for medals and prizes.
* 60 specialty philatelic organizations covering every facet of the hobby, manning society tables and holding meetings and educational seminars–almost all of which are open to the public.
* First Day stamp release ceremonies for new issues from the U.S., U.N. and several nations around the world.
* Family friendly activities and events, including a large “Youth and Beginner Area.”
World Stamp Show-NY 2016 carries on the rich tradition of the once-a-decade international exhibitions from the past 100 years held in the United States, typically on a year ending with “6” or “7,” honoring the anniversary of America’s first postage stamps issued in 1847.
Here are some of the stamps and souvenir sheets issued honoring those international shows.
This page will feature details about the Court of Honor, world-class rarities, special and postal administration exhibits.
We are pleased to announce that philatelic gems will be available for viewing during World Stamp Show-NY 2016 in a special section on the show floor presented by members of the Club de Monte-Carlo de la Philatélie. Details about the organization can be found at http://www.monacophil.eu/.
The Club was formed in 1998 after a highly successful exhibition of “100 of the World’s Rarest Stamps and Philatelic Documents” in honor of the seven century reign of the Grimaldi dynasty in the Principality of Monaco. The institutions and private collectors that participated in that event decided to repeat their efforts, which continues to this day allowing their gems to be displayed on a regular basis around the world. A complete list of the rarities will appear on the WSS-NY 2016 web site when arrangements have been finalized.
About the Exhibition
World Stamp Show-NY 2016 was selected by the American Philatelic Society (APS) to be the once-in-ten year international philatelic exhibition hosted by this country. The APS is the national stamp collecting organization in the U.S.
1926- 2nd Exh.
White Plains, NY
1936- 3rd Exh.
New York, NY
1947- 4th Exh.
New York, NY
New York, NY
1997- Pacific ’97
San Francisco, CA
Exhibit trade show booth pop up rental sign display graphic wall hard wall nyc 212 props furniture carpet light lighting mannequin racks signage the displayers 620 5555 javits manny